What Areas Of Law Are Part Of Elder Law? Providing A Personal Touch In Elder Law For 20 Years
Elder law is the practice of law dedicated to the needs of older clients. The vast majority of Kentucky ElderLaw, PLLC‘s clients are in their 70s, 80s and 90s. Their children, who are often the first to contact us, are in their 50s, 60s and 70s. We also have younger clients who have multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, early onset dementia and traumatic brain injury, and others whose needs are similar to our older clients.
Elder law answers the following questions and more:
- What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
- What is Medicaid planning, and when should I start?
- What are the requirements to be on Medicaid?
- Will Medicaid take all our money? Our home?
- What is Medicaid spend down?
- Can I give or lend money to my children?
- How do I handle past gifts or loans to my children?
- Is my will proper for my circumstances?
- Is my durable power of attorney sufficient for my needs?
- Is my living will up to date?
- Is my health care surrogate sufficient?
- What is guardianship? How do guardianships work?
- What is probate?
- What is a qualified income trust, and how does it affect Medicaid?
- Does a revocable living trust protect my assets?
Why Do I Need An Elder Law Or Elder Care Law Attorney?
Elder law is a highly specific field of law. Lawyers, accountants and financial advisers who are not focused on the field of elder law or elder care often mistakenly give inaccurate advice, and the inaccurate advice may cause drastic and expensive problems.
Medicaid regulations change frequently, and the interpretation of the regulations also change frequently. An attorney who is not focused on the field of elder law or elder care can have difficulty staying abreast of all the changes.
Get Your Free Consultation With An Elder Law Attorney
If you would like a consultation with our experienced elder law attorneys, please contact Kentucky ElderLaw, PLLC. We are happy to answer any questions you have and help you plan your future. Call 502-581-1111 for our Louisville office. Call 270-467-0002 for our Bowling Green office. You can also contact us via email.