|Job title||Phone Operator|
|Reports to||Office Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
We at Kentucky ElderLaw help people protect assets when facing long-term care costs. We know navigating the long-term care maze can be confusing and stressful. We provide caregivers, seniors, and their loved ones a hand to hold and answers to concerns about finding and paying for the right care.
We also handle Probate and Estate Administration, and prepare battle tested documents: Wills, Durable Power of Attorney, Living Wills, Health Care Surrogates, and Trusts.
Answer incoming calls via a multi-line phone system, greet callers, providing general (non-legal) information, and connect the caller to the correct person or department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls promptly in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follow call-screening protocol to assess callers need and direct the caller to the correct person or department.
- Provide general (non-legal) information to callers, such as: general services provided, physical address, email addresses, etc.
- Cross-train with other clerical staff and perform back-up duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook, especially email and calendaring features a must.
- Experience with multi-line phone management.
- Experience with web browser functions such as Google.
- Great communicator with the ability to develop rapport quickly with caller.
- Great listening skills.
- Ability to maintain calm, professional and courteous service in a high pace environment.
- Some familiarity with legal terms.
- Filing experience is a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
The clientele is often the elderly and their family members working through complex and difficult legal circumstances. Requires the ability to listen and empathize with caller while gathering relevant data to direct the caller to the correct person or department. Office environment can become very busy with competing background noise requiring the ability to maintain focus while handling multiple calls at once.
Job requires sitting extended periods of time with few breaks in an open environment.
Email your resume to email@example.com