Sheldon grew up in Louisville where her Dad worked for Ford Motor Company/UAW Local 862 and her Mom cared for elderly relatives. After law school, Sheldon practiced healthcare law and gained invaluable insight into the medical, nursing home, and pharmaceutical industries, which she relies on when assisting her clients. As an elder law attorney, Sheldon helps older clients, their children, and loved ones explore options for their current situation and explain what can happen down the road, especially if a debilitating illness requires nursing home care. She also helps with estate planning documents that everyone needs, like a Will, Power of Attorney, Health Care Surrogate, and Living Will, as well as Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts.
Sheldon also volunteers at the University of Louisville Trager Institute where she helps supervise law students who draft basic estate documents for underrepresented populations.
Sheldon’s husband, Chris, is a personal injury attorney and they have three children. In her spare time, she watches her son, Atticus, in plays at YPAS and Commonwealth Theatre Centre; roots for her daughter, Zoey, in Atherton’s swim meets; and cheers on her daughter, Sammie, in Manual’s lacrosse games. If any time remains, Sheldon enjoys movies, tennis, and reading.
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Juris Doctor – 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Louisville
- B.A. – 1997
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Art History
- Major: Political Science
- Kentucky, 2001
- Awarded Outstanding Volunteer Attorney by Louisville Bar Association in 2004
- Kentucky Court of Appeals , Staff Attorney, 2019 to 2021
- Kentucky Medical Review Panels , Chair, 2017 to 2018
- Oldfather Law Firm, PLLC , Attorney, 2011 to 2016
- Stites & Harbison, PLLC, 2001 to 2011
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member (Ex Officio Board Member 2014)
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Jefferson County, Member (President 2013)